Monthly Archives: April 2013

ScienceDaily: Children With Sleep Apnea Have Higher Risk of Behavioral, Adaptive and Learning Problems

A study by University of Arizona states that children with Sleep-Disordered Breathing (SDB), have higher risk of behavioral and learning problems. ScienceDaily

Posted in Children, Teaching | Comments Off

DeccanHerald: Open book CBSE exams from 2014-15

The Ministry of Human Resource Development announced that CBSE will introduce Open Book Exams for classes IX and X from the academic year 2014-15. DeccanHerald

Posted in CBSE, ELT, Education News, Environmental Studies, General Knowledge, Integrated Series, Maths, Science, Social Studies, Teaching | Comments Off

National Geographic: Resurrecting the Extinct Frog with a Stomach for a Womb

ExtinctFrog: Reviving the extinct (brooding) frog with a stomach for a womb. NationalGeographic

Posted in Children, Education News, Environmental Studies, General Knowledge, Integrated Series, Science, Social Studies, Teaching | Comments Off

The Hindu Frontline: Migrants and culture

The review of our Higher Academic Title “Indian Diaspora in the Caribbean: History, Culture and Identity” edited by Rattan Lal Hangloo, was published in Frontline Volume 30 Issue 8, April 20-3 May 2013 Read the review To know more about … Continue reading

Posted in Book Review, Education News, Ratna Sagar | Comments Off

IndianExpress: CBSE to conduct teachers’ eligibility test on July 28

CBSE to conduct next ‘Central Teacher Eligibility Test’ for classes I to VIII, on July 28. Last date for the submission of online application is April 16, 2013. IndianExpress

Posted in Children, Education News, Teaching | Comments Off

BusinessStandard: CBSE to train school principals on leadership, school management

CBSE assigned “Organisation Development Alternatives” (ODA), a consulting firm, to train principals and heads of all its 13,500 schools across the country in effective leadership and school management. BusinessStandard

Posted in Children, Education News, Teaching | Comments Off

NYTimes: Day Care and Behavior Problems, Unlinked

Kids spending more time in low-quality day care have behavior issues, shows a study conducted in United States. NYTimes

Posted in Children, Education News, Parenting | Comments Off

NYTimes: Minimalist Parenting, ‘Manimalist’ Style

Minimalist Parenting, a balance of parenthood but not inclined to gender based parenting. NYTimes NYTimes

Posted in Children, Education News, Parenting | Comments Off

PBSParents: How to Create a Literate Home: Young Child and Kindergartner

Tips to develop reading habits in your young child. PBSParents

Posted in Children, Parenting, Reading Habits | Comments Off

Review of our Medical title “How Doctor’s Think”

Must read for all doctors and patients I come from a family of doctors and have been a patient myself and this book opened my eyes to be a better doctor and a better patient. Doctors are not gods and … Continue reading

Posted in Book Review, Byword Books, Education News, Marketing, Ratna Sagar | Comments Off